Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello Summer!

We missed you desperately and are so glad that you are back! Please stick around for a while!

So, we finally got our replacement battery charger for the camera! Hooray! I am so glad that we can finally take pictures again! I wasn't sure in my last few posts if it was okay for me to let the news out yet, so I didn't say anything! But I got the go ahead - Congratulations to the Farrars, who just found out they are pregnant on th 4th of July! Can't wait to meet the little one!

This past weekend has been a lot of fun! Friday night Derrick went out with the boys, and I had the house to myself! Saturday we went to Goodwill with the Farrars to find outfits for the party we were going to later. When we were done there we headed to the Carson's for their annual cookout for Heath's birthday. We had some delicious food and drinks and had a lot of fun hanging out with everyone!

It was amazing how many little kids were running around! Pretty soon the kids are going to outnumber the adults! They were all so cute though, and there were only a few minor meltdowns! Claire was having a lot of fun playing in the daisy planter!

Even though there were a ton of kids, the adults still managed to have some fun! Sorry Nate, too bad they are both taken!! Nice try though!


We left the Carson's earlier than usual, and headed to Bubba's Sulky Lounge in Portland for Tim's 30th birthday bash! With our awesome 90s inspired outfits we were unstoppable! Think neon, tight-rolled jeans, air jordans, and flannel! Jenny and Nate danced the night away while Steve-O ran the pool table and Derrick watched. I floated between the pool table and the dance floor. We even got Derrick out on the floor for a few songs! We decided not to bring the camera in with us, so unfortunately we did not get any good pictures of us in our outfits! But I am sure there are some floating around, I will try to aquire them!


After two late nights, we were very happy to sleep in on Sunday (not that Derrick didn't sleep in on Saturday. . .until 1pm!). I went to Freeport with Chrissy. It was really great to walk around and get a fresh lemonade and enjoy the sunshine. Good outlet sales didn't hurt either! When I got home, Derrick and I made dinner together and sat on the porch with our meal and some fresh squeezed lemonade! After dinner we spent some time in our new hammock! We love that we can spend time enjoying our wonderful yard finally! It feels like summer has finally arrived! I can't believe that it is mid July already.

Coming up we have several camping trips, birthday parties, and my parents' 30th wedding anniversary! The summer is going by so fast and I feel like we haven't gotten anything done! We have a bunch of outside projects that we haven't gotten to because of the rain and Derrick is building me more shelves in the hall closet. We are pretty happy that the few things in the garden that have not been destroyed by the rain are about ready to harvest. We have had some new potatoes, and we just noticed that the broccoli is ready. We have been loving enjoying some fresh food! All of my jams came out sooooo good! And I am looking forward to making some more when blueberry and apple seasons come along! Maybe you will get a jar if you are lucky!

Click here to view more pictures from the first few weeks of July: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm160/arolin1/July%202009/

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment