Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Finally!!!! Mr. and Mrs. Cote!!

Well, we finally did it! We are Mr. and Mrs. Cote! It was an amazing whirlwind weekend that we just didn't want to end! The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were amazing! We absolutely loved getting to spend some good times with our friends and family! Although, I think we were both paying for it the next day!

And then Saturday came. The weather report was saying that it was going to start raining right around 3pm, so we decided to forgo having the ceremony in the field. I had to rest up most of the morning while the girls were getting ready due to the amount of fun I had at the rehearsal dinner, but I was feeling much better by the time the photographer arrived! We had some mimosas and sandwiches (Thanks Chrissy and Mike!) and shared some laughs. I think my Dad was a little overwhelmed with all the estrogen, so he had to go pick up the cheesecakes with my Brother (Thanks Shawnie, Jill, and Dad!!) It all seemed to rush by after that. . .we were taking pictures and then we were in the van and then it was just my dad and I waiting on the stairs, watching the guys walk to the arbor, ready to go out on the deck. . .

When I saw Derrick at the end of the aisle, I just wanted to be there already! But, for some reason my dad wasn't moving yet. I gave his arm a little tug and he still wouldn't move!! I finally said "come on Dad!" out of the corner of my mouth and tugged his arm again and we were off! The ceremony was beautiful! Miraculously I didn't cry! Even when Jason dropped my wedding ring and Tracey forgot Derrick's! Jason recovered the ring and Derrick had just gotten his grandfather's ring from his mother, so we used that! Everything happens for a reason! Becky did a wonderful job officiating and the weather stayed awesome the entire day! I think we got some really good pictures of everyone and I can't wait to see the proofs from the photographer! And then it was party time! Peggy did a wonderful job setting everything up, the food was delicious, and I think a good time was had by all (especially Jim Poole!!). We had so much fun and I almost wish we could do it all over again!!!! Thank you to everyone who helped to make our weekend so incredibly special! We look forward to all of the exciting things to come!

Here are a few more pictures from the rehearsal dinner and the girls all getting ready!
http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm160/arolin1/Wedding%20Related/

You can also view everyone's digital photos from the wedding! If you haven't done it yet, we highly encourage you to share your pictures with us by uploading them to the site indicated on the back of your seed paper favor. If you need assistance or direction, please let us know! We love looking at the few pictures that are up there already and can't wait to see more!
http://photobucket.com/derrickandsarahwedding

I will regal you with tales of our travels to Costa Rica in the next post! Let's just say that it was an interesting flight and once we finally arrived in Costa Rica, it was in interesting drive!
We love you all and we can't wait to share our Costa Rican adventure with you!
Love, Mrs. and Mr. Cote


1 comment:

  1. It was such a great ceremony and Marcie and I had a wonderful time! Everything was so nice, can't wait to see some pictures from Costa Rica. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete