Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!!!

Seriously! I feel like I am starting to mold! Is this rain ever going to end? Our poor garden is just not doing as well as we would like! I think we are going to have to replace a lot of the flowers we have on the deck! The rain has not kept the cats inside though, and I sometimes have to towel them dry! They love our new picnic table (thanks Mom and Dad!!) as a good vantage point to watch the birds!I am not going to try to regale you with every single thing that we have done since my previous post, since it has been quite a while! But, suffice it to say that the few (VERY few) ok days that we have had in between the rain have allowed us to have a couple of impromptu BBQs, including some horseshoes! We have also been able to play some disc golf a couple of times, which is always a good time! I am starting to get a lot better at disc - it has been quite a while since I have gotten over 100!! My personal best is still 92 though, so I am trying for less than 90! We will see!Anyway, we have been having a great time hanging out with people in the last few weeks! I don't think that I cooked more than once last week! We went out with some work folks a couple of nights, and Friday when we had some friends over we got the basement set up for black light beer pong! It is very fun! We are keeping our fingers crossed for some good weather to come so we can go strawberry picking! I have a TON of jars so I am going to have to do plenty of canning this summer and fall! Too bad all of the crops are not so good right now!I had to include this picture because it is so descriptive of what it is like on a typical Saturday afternoon at our house! This is what we do while we are waiting to go to disc golf! To see more pictures from the last few weeks go here: http://s295.photobucket.com/albums/mm160/arolin1/June%202009/

So, I feel like I am running out of things to blog about! From here on out it is going to be pretty much the same old same old! If you have any suggestions about things to blog about - either mundane or intellectual - please let me know! I will try to come up with something more interesting for next time! Until then. . .
Love, Sarah

2 comments:

  1. We haven't had rain here in forever! Rain in Seattle is just a rumor. I put the top back on my jeep today cause they said it was finally supposed to be wet... it wasn't. There goes my 7 week top down streak :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Lucky you! We have pretty much had like 4 weeks or so straight of rain! And not just rain - downpours!!

    ReplyDelete