Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pats vs. Jaguars

So, starting in the next few weeks I am going to begin using a new site for our blog! Until the end of January you will be able to find the same content in both places, but after that all of our pictures will be available on Shutterfly, and we will be using them for our family site! I think it will provide a much easier way to show pictures and videos, and they even have a message board feature that will allow us to chat with you, and you can all chat with eachother. If you are a member you can also upload your own content! The link is http://thecotefamilyadventures.shutterfly.com/. Let me know if you have problems accessing this link. If you want to be a member and be able to contribute content, please let me know and I will send an invitation.

This year for Christmas we got my parents tickets to the Patriots/Jaguars game on December 27th. They were very excited since neither of them had ever been to a game. We have a friend at work who has season tickets to the Pats that we decided to buy, and since he didn't want to break up the set of 4 D and I decided to go too! I had also never been to a game, so it was all very exciting!

On Saturday night we got some bad news though - my parents' truck, which we were planning on using on Sunday, was out of commission! After considering all of our options, including tailgating out of the Accent. . not good, we came up with a solution that ended up working out great for us - Josh and Becky let us borrow their van! It was awesome! Lot's of space and all of our stuff didn't get rained on!

We were meeting my parents in Scarborough at Cabellas, and while D was going to drive most of the way there, we decided it would be a good idea for me to drive to Cabella's so that the first time I was driving the van wasn't in traffic trying to get out of Foxborough!

We made it to Foxborough in pretty good time, and the rain started to slow down right about the time that we parked, so we didn't even put up the dining canopy. We had a nice feast of venison, lamb chops (my mom had never had lamb before. . .she loved it!), and hot dogs. The rain completely let up by the time we were all bundled up and ready to head to the stadium, so we were pretty happy! It was still kind of cold, but we survived! I absolutely cannot believe the amount of traffic that a football game generates! They must have to shut down a couple miles of route 1 right around the stadium every time there is a game. . .it's absolutely insane!!


We walked to the stadium, grabbed some drinks and found our seats. Low and behold we found the wrong seats!! We were one section over from where we were supposed to be. It was really no big deal, and aside from the guy in front of me who didn't like to sit in his seat, we were VERY happy with our third row seats!

It was a really great game, very few penalties and the Pats won by a landslide! The weather cleared up and we were just a few seats away from a kid dressed up as Randy Moss! We had a great time with my folks, and I am pretty sure they enjoyed themselves!


We went back to the van and decided to stick around for a while so we weren't stuck in the initial rush of traffic. There were quite a few people who also stuck around, and a few of them were getting a bit rowdy! As the sun went down it started to get quite a bit colder, and after a few more snacks and beers we decided it was time to brave the traffic! It really could have been worse getting out of the parking lot, but I was a little bit nervous since I was driving a vehicle inside of which my car could fit at least twice. . .but, we made it through the insanity unscathed! I think I made my professional truck driver father a little bit nervous a few times, but all was good! A very special Thank You to Josh and Becky for the loan of their van! It would not have been the same in the Accent!

To see more pictures of our adventure in Foxborough, click here: http://picasaweb.google.com/Arolin11/PatsVsJaguars122709#

Love, Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment